My pageviews!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Response to a Painting/Photo.

    I chose a painting of Mairlyn Monroe by Andy Warhol. The reason why I chose Marilyn Monroe is because I think that she's very pretty, also because she is very famous for 'The 7th itch'.  Most people know her by the photos of her above a manhole with her dress up.
   My observations of this painting was :
She's wearing diamond earings, she is leaning against a wall (Or so she appears to be doing). She's also wearing red lipstick and a strapless red dress.  I also noticed that she seemed to be looking at something or someone in a rather flirty way. I thought that the painting was absolutely stunning, even though it is not her best this one is still outstanding.
    Some infrences/ interpretations that I made were:
She might be posing for a picture [paparazzi], she might be going out with friends, she might be going to a party. She could also be going on a date. Here's the thing about art, alot of people see it in different ways, so it could be interperated in different ways. In my mind there are alot of possiablilties to go with this painting, way too many to count actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment